THE OLD HARDWARE STORE
One of the few remaining pre-1900 hardware stores in the state of Kansas will be offered for sell along with all contents. Selling hardware since 1885, this recognized Harvey County historic site is full of hardware and furnishings, especially cabinets dating over 100 years old.
LOCATION of SALE: BEHIND THE STORE AND ONE MILE NORTH OF HALSTEAD ON HERTZLER ROAD, WEST SIDE.
Because of the volume of inventory, the sale will run for four evenings: Monday evening, July 9, through Thursday evening, July 14, behind the store, and Saturday July 12, one mile north of Halstead at the old Monsanto Plant.
Large cabinets, counters, showcases, nail bins, etc. that will not be moved to the auction site can be inspected before the start of each sale at 208 Main Street.
The 140-year-old stone building at 208 Main Street will sell on Thursday, July 12, at 6:30 p.m.
Monday, July 9, starting at 5:30 p.m.
Most of the fasteners are 20-year new-old stock, including bolts (hex, carriage, machine, eye); screws (steel, zinc, blued, nickel, brass, machine, metric); nails, washers, nuts (square, hex, castle, lock), cotter keys, o-rings, gaskets, cable clamps, pipe fittings & clamps, springs, rope hardware, chain and chain hardware, horse tact, single trees, and much more.
Also: barn pulleys, block & tackle units; wire wheel and counter; antique rope dispenser; buggy steps; Clipper Grain & Seed Cleaner with screens and much more.
Metal parts cabinets for fasteners and tools:
Over 50 units from 9-inch counter-top size to 7-foot tall floor units will be sold in the first two evenings. Many will be sold empty, but several are full, for example:
* Original 8-foot counter nail bin with 27 bins and nails;
* Large five-tier rotating nail bin, partially full of nails;
* 4 seven-foot by 3-foot standing units with drawers & bins, empty.
* 2 Peerless Chain dispensers with spools;
* 2 metal cabinets, 18 drawers each, with rivets;
* 18-drawer metal cabinet with o-rings and gaskets;
* 2 four-drawer metal units with o-rings and gaskets;
* 4-drawer metal cabinet with brass bolts and nuts;
* 4-drawer spring cabinet with springs;
* 12-bin unit of square nuts;
* 10-drawer unit of set screws.
This is not a complete list.